As a seller, your product conversion rate in Lazada is a critical determinant of your success selling online. At the end of the day, conversions are sales and we’re all in this business to make sales.
By the end of this article, you should know the following:
- Where you can find your conversion rate
- Setbacks that commonly diminish seller conversion rates
- Tips on how you can boost your conversion rate
Where do I find my conversion rate?
You can find your conversion rate in business advisor of Lazada Seller Center. See below:
It’s critical for you to monitor this at a product level so that you can:
- Understand if your conversion rate is going up
- Understand if your conversion rate is going down
- Understand what is causing your conversion rate changes
A good conversion rate, holding all things else constant, is a fantastic determinant of business success so it is one of the most important metrics you can set and monitor for each of your SKUs.
Conversion Rate Issues To Watch Out For
There are inevitable setbacks that you need to take note of when you are a seller on Lazada and any other platform. These are setbacks that come due to the Lazada system and advertising itself but others that be controlled or prevented.
Your rank on the site may influence how much limelight your product achieves on the search results, and this will also affect the number of sessions that you land on. Your competitor behavior may also have an impact on your conversion rate.
A common issue that results in a bad conversion rate although you have a well optimized listing is bad traffic. Bad traffic can come from inefficient advertising which drives people that are not interested in buying your product to your store or product detail page.
In general, the following will have the biggest impact on your conversion rate:
- Good product images in your SKUs
- Good product titles in your SKUs
- Good product bullet points and descriptions in your SKUs
- Not driving bad traffic to your PDP (primarily from off-site advertising)
- Not replying to customer chat questions in timely manner
Tips to Improve Your Conversion Rate
There are several ways you can improve your Lazada conversion rate. In fact, we built Split Dragon specifically to help sellers improve their conversion rate. The following are our biggest tips for Lazada sellers:
- Do keyword research with our keyword research tool so that you are appearing for relevant search terms.
- Optimize your product listing with Split Dragon’s product quality scoring feature. Make sure you have good product images, titles, bullet points, and descriptions that help you sell.
- React sharply to your competitors and maintain price competitiveness with Split Dragon’s competitor intelligence automations. Without maintaining price agility, you can be uncompetitively priced and instead customers will purchase your competitor products.
- Protect your customer reviews (see article here for strategies to improve your product reviews).
- Ensure you have good quality buyer Q&As (see article here for strategies to improve your Q&As).
Remember, the simple way to think about steps for growing your Lazada business is
1) get more page views
2) convert those page views into sales
I hope that this article helped you understand conversion rate on Lazada more and what you can do to improve it.